When connected to the internet, the Dropbox iOS app will play just about any type of video file you throw at it. We use Apple's HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol, which has been specially designed to stream files to your iPhone or iPad. The quality of the stream will depend on the speed of your wireless connection.
iOS and the Dropbox app support numerous video formats, including:
If you make a video file available for offline access and it's not natively supported by iOS, you'll need to open it with a third-party app that supports the format.
In cases where you may need to convert a video file to an iOS-friendly format, we recommend the free Handbrake desktop application (for Windows, Mac, and Linux). Handbrake has convenient video presets for converting video files for the iPhone or iPad. Read Handbrake's online documentation for detailed information about its presets and how to use them.
When converting using something other than iTunes or the Handbrake presets mentioned above, you'll need to meet specific criteria. The Dropbox app can play the following iOS-compatible movie types:
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC stereo audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, in .mov, .mp4 and .m4v file formats
- H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC stereo audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, in .mov, .mp4 and .m4v file formats
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC stereo audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, in .mov, .mp4 and .m4v file formats
GET IT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS - SEE HERE
Delivery charge summary
Small items (such as sat navs, cameras, laptops etc.)
€4.99 for entire order
3-5 working days1
Large items (such as large TV, washing machines etc.)
€19.99 for entire order
Up to 7 working days1
1. We endeavour to deliver all small items per above however, during January Sale period, orders are subject to extended delivery times. If this is the case, we will keep you informed and as soon as your order is dispatched from our warehouse you will receive an email notification with your tracking information.
Small items delivery
· Small items – such as cameras, TVs under 39-inches, printers, software, data storage, tablets and laptops – are delivered by our courier partner, DPD.
· DPD’s standard delivery times are between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
· We aim to have all items delivered within 3-5 working days, however, please allow 4-7 days for extended bank holiday periods such as Easter and Christmas.
· For security reasons we do not deliver to Parcel Motels.
· Please note: DPD are not authorised to collect your old products for WEEE recycling. However, simply visit your local Currys PC World store with your old product and a valid receipt and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
· Track your order: For small items please visit DPD’s website and track your order using your unique tracking code specified in your confirmation email.
Large items delivery
· Large products – such as TVs above 39-inches, washing machines and fridge freezers – are delivered by our Team Knowhow delivery team.
· Team Knowhow delivers five days a week – Monday to Saturday – between 8am and 6pm, anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the exception of Donegal – where we deliver once a week – and island locations.
· The evening before your delivery is scheduled, a member of our Team Knowhow team will call you between 3pm and 6pm to advise you of your delivery time window.
· On the day of delivery our Team Knowhow driver will call you at least 30 minutes before arriving at the delivery address to give you an estimated time of arrival.
· Once we arrive at the delivery address, we will unbox your items and remove all packaging for recycling. We can also remove your old appliances for WEEE recycling free of charge.
· If you would like us to install and demo your new appliance, our Team Knowhow installers can do this for a small fee.
· Track your order: For large items, you can track your delivery through the Team Knowhow Track it portal. Simply insert your unique tracking code, specified in your confirmation email or instore receipt, and your telephone number.
· Occasionally, we may offer the option of ordering an item in advance if it’s out of stock at the time but more stock is on its way. We will let you know in advance the date of expected delivery if this is the case.
· Please note, if you purchase two or more products at the same time, the items may have different availabilities and methods of delivery, in which case you may receive your items separately.
VAT and delays
· Please be aware that we cannot offer VAT refunds to overseas customers ordering goods to be delivered to an Irish address.
· We always try to ensure that orders arrive on time, however sometimes delays occur during peak period, i.e. Christmas and Easter. If we become aware of any unexpected delays with your order we will let you know.