English Teacher Cover Letter
English Teachers teach students¬ elements of the English language and how to properly incorporate them, including grammar, composition, reading comprehension, and literature. At the college level, English Teachers teach more specific classes aimed at students’ particular interests, such as creative writing, literary theory, and others.
An English Teacher’s cover letter is the first interaction that the teacher will have with the school of his or her choosing, so it is important that he or she provide a thorough and accurate description of his or her credentials in order to stand out from the crowd.
The job description of an English Teacher will incorporate responsibilities like:
- Apply different strategies and resources to capture and hold students’ attention
- Promote class participation to give students the opportunity to share and accept different ideas
- Teach composition, pronunciation, and grammar in a comfortable educational environment
English Teachers’ cover letters resemble the example which is provided below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive English Teacher resume samples.
Dear Principal Carmichael:
It is my objective to secure a permanent position in the English department of the North Shore elementary or secondary school. I have over a decade of experience in education and have taught students of several different grade levels in English grammar and literature.
For the past several years, I have taught English to 5th and 6th grade students in the Youngstown school district. In this time, I have developed several different strategies to capture my students’ attention and share with them my passion for classic American literature. I aspire to create a fun, engaging learning environment for my students, and I would relish the opportunity to do this at the North Shore schools.
A few of my other teaching highlights include:
- Taught English as Second Language (ESL) in Japan from 2003-2006.
- Recognized as an outstanding teacher by the Youngstown PTA in 2008, 2010, and 2011.
- Continually facilitate an open, consistent, and nurturing learning environment where students are motivated to learn and driven by their own successes and accomplishments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies, including whole/small group instruction, individualized attention, inquiry-based learning, and exploratory learning in order to make sure students of all learning modalities are successful.
I am an upbeat, positive person with lots of energy. I have good computer and writing skills. I have spent many years in my elementary and middle schools and know that I would be an immediate asset to your school.
I would love the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss employment in further detail. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Corporate Trainer Cover Letter
For a single job opening, employers may be flooded with hundreds and at times thousands of applicants from eager job seekers. A lot has to be done to get you noticed and one of the ways is to write an effective cover letter. Many employers have spoken that it is a huge task to filter out the best applicant for a particular position. Like many of the job post, the corporate trainer too requires an effective resume and cover letter. The key objective of a corporate cover letter is to specifically highlight your skills and experience for the position you are applying.
The cover letters are effective to target the position you would like to apply. Following tips and instructions can really work:
- Use the cover letter to make a match. List your experience and skills you possess in the letter. You can address as how your skills match to the job requirement of the job post and how you can qualify for it.
- Complete your resume before you start writing your cover letter. This is because the cover letter is an introduction document of your resume. Nevertheless, the cover letter should not look a replica of your resume.
- The best thing about cover letter is they can be customized. Hence, take some time to create a good cover letter that will help you get the much-needed attention from the prospective employer.
- Use a proper business format to write an effective cover letter. This includes your name and contact details along with the date of sending the letter and the employer's name and address.
- The first paragraph should state the purpose of your letter and show them that you specifically meet the requirements for the job post and are perfect for the job role.
- For any job post, employers look for specific traits and job description for the job post. Hence, you can use the job description, target the employer, and convince them you possess these traits and skills.
- The concluding paragraph should include the contact information. This makes their task of calling you easier.
Sample cover letter for corporate trainer will give you the necessary tips and guidelines to write one and produce the necessary impact upon the prospective employer.
Your Full Name
Date: MM/ DD/ YYYY
Company's Name and Address
Dear Mr. /Ms. (Employer's Last Name),
Please consider my letter for the position of a corporate employer in your organization / company (mention the name here). I believe my experience and skills will rightly match your requirement for the post. I have enclosed my resume that will give you detail information about my educational background and work experience.
I have been training employers in my current organization (mention the name here) for the last five years. I love teaching and want to pursue a career in the corporate world as well. What better career could it be than being a corporate trainer! At (mentions your current or previous company), my key role was to educate corporate employees and ensure that they were up-to-date with the latest technology the company or the organization used. I was involved with research and I also keep myself abreast with the market information and new methods. I used the latest teaching techniques and make my corporate training even much better and exciting. I have done a lot of my corporate training in conference calls.
I would be glad if you could conduct a follow up interview at your convenience wherein we can discuss more on this. If you have any query please do call me at (insert contact details) or drop me an email at (mention your email address). Thanking You.
Your Full Name
Enclosures:Resume and Work Experience Certificates
This is how you can write an effective corporate trainer cover letter and show your abilities and skills to the employers. Although this is a professional cover letter, it can be customized and made conversational.