Dear Mr. Wambaugh
I write this letter to express my deep interest in the position for Audiovisual Technician with your company. When I read the advertisement on LiveCareer I saw a career opportunity that I simply could not pass up. As per your instructions I am faxing my resume along with this cover letter for your further attention.
A graduate in Media Arts I have four years of experience as an Audiovisual Technician at The Bold Tomorrow one of the most proliferate live event producers in the country. I worked on a range of small and large projects always ensuring sound equipment performed at peak. I was instrumental in several nationwide sponsorships including the Lawless Tour. I was responsible for audio compressors microphones noise reduction systems recorders audio equipment and cables. I led the team that ensured safe transport set up breakdown and maintenance of these utilities. Well versed in all the latest media equipment I was also heavily involved in the equipments operation working with performers to get the most qualitative results in their shows.
I know you will see that my qualifications and experiences more than make me capable to handle any audiovisual technician tasks. I look forward to meeting with you for an interview.
Audio Engineer Cover Letter
Audio Engineers ensure the quality of sound we hear in movies, on TV, or on the radio. They are also responsible for sound during live performances. The most important job duties of an Audio Engineer include assembling and maintaining equipment, discussing sound requirements with clients, using recording and amplification equipment, monitoring audio quality, synchronizing audio, applying special effects, following the director’s instructions, and collaborating with the sound team.
Those interested in an Audio Engineer career should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Knowledge of sound engineering and acoustics
- Meticulous attention to details
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Working under pressure
- Dexterity and technical abilities
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Flexibility and being able to work at odd hours
- Fast reactions
Relevant Audio Engineer skills are visible in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Audio Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Stephenson:
Upon learning of your need for an experienced and technically skilled Audio Engineer, I quickly decided to send along my resume for your consideration. If you are looking for a creative, reliable professional with extensive experience recording and mixing sounds desired by musicians and record producers, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My expertise in sound engineering includes areas such as synthetic additions, auto tuning, mixing tracks, and managing sound experience during live performances. With a solid commitment to achieving sound excellence, I excel at utilizing various technical equipment and software programs—along with my keen musical ear—to ensure optimal sound quality.
Here are some of the qualifications and talents that I offer:
- Working for the past 12 years as a recording, mixing, mastering, and audio restoration engineer in both studio and live venues on a Mac-based system, working with hundreds of musicians and producers across diverse musical genres and earning consistent praise for sound quality excellence.
- Designing and building multiple Digital Audio Workstations for use in sound recording and editing.
- Earning a Certificate in Audio Engineering from The Recording Studio in Los Angeles; completing training programs in ProTools and Sonar software.
- Proven ability to connect quickly and effectively with people of varying personalities, styles, and backgrounds.
- Demonstrating excellent interpersonal, time management, and organization abilities.
With my vast experience along with my outstanding work ethic and my dedication to quality excellence, I am well prepared to extend my record of success in sound engineering to your team. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your needs, and my qualifications, with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Dave M. Partelli